Associating uploads with user accounts

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I love Imgurl for two primary reasons. [1] When I stay logged in to my Imgurl account, everything I upload via the webpage is easily retrievable should I ever need to reference it in the future or share the link with someone else. That's because Imgurl displays a handy thumbnail gallery view of my complete upload history. [2] The key selling point for me is that I can see this upload history when logged in to my account at the website, but nobody else can see it. Furthermore, the images themselves can't be backtracked to my account, since my username neither appears on the pages for the individual images or anywhere within the URL structure. This all ensures that my privacy is respected.

That being said, would it be possible to add to the feature set of your upload tool the ability to associate uploaded images to a given Imgurl user account?

If I were to continue using your app in its current state, I would have to begrudgingly sacrifice item [1] above.

Without such a feature I can't embrace this app completely.

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

i tried to contact the developper awhile ago...

i never had a response,,,

so this tool might never be updated again :(

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

With the new updates to the Imgur API, uploading directly to a user's account is now possible, however it requires me learning how to implement oAuth.

I'm certainly looking into it and will post an update if I incorporate the new changes.

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

That's great news. I look forward to seeing all the changes and improvements. Thanks for contributing to open-source; please keep us posted! :)

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Well, for starters just uploaded a new release that includes persistence of your last used export method :-)

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:03 PM, shwnchr <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's great news. I look forward to seeing all the changes and improvements. Thanks for contributing to open-source; please keep us posted! :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (imguruploader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email imguruploader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com